What I have I been writing when I haven’t been writing here?
Stuff I wrote
- Community Blog monthly summary: March 2023
- F38 election nominations now open
- Friday’s Fedora Facts: 2023-14, 2023-15, 2023-16, 2023-17
Duck Alignment Academy
- Footnotes and asides are a warning — Overuse of footnotes, commas, em dashes, and parentheses suggest your writing may be unclear. Keeping sentences focused helps your reader.
- Embrace the non-judgmental “why?” —People don’t make bad decisions on purpose. If you understand why a decision was made in the past, you make better decisions for the future.
- Little ways program managers add value — Some contributions aren’t a make-or-break moment, they’re a way to reduce the friction for contributors and make processes run smoother.
- The solution isn’t interesting, the problem is — Nobody wants to use a computer. They want to get something done. Focusing on the problem instead of the solution gets you better results.
- The flywheel theory of community engagement — The Flywheel Theory says that the long term sustainability of a community project depends on having someone who can keep the momentum going.
Stuff I curated
- Announcing Fedora Linux 38 — The on time streak is back, baby!