What have I been writing when I haven’t been writing here?
Stuff I wrote
Duck Alignment Academy
- AIANYF: Acronyms & Initialisms Are Not Your Friends — Acronyms can be confusing when they’re unfamiliar to your reader. Err on the side of explaining, even if you don’t think you need to.
- Write standard operating procedures — When you document how to execute a process, that ensures you’ll do it right the next time. This helps your future self and your successors.
- It’s better to be clear than correct — Your prose is not code; it will not fail because you forgot a semicolon. Prefer being understood to strict adherence to grammatical rules.
- What you’re measuring is different from how you measure it —Start with understanding the “why?” behind what you’re trying to measure. Then figure out the measurements, knowing they’ll be imperfect.
- Westside Diner — Just because it’s 2pm, that doesn’t mean it’s too late for breakfast food. And this is good food.
- Fedora Linux 39 development schedule
- Community Blog monthly summary: January 2023
- Friday’s Fedora Facts: 2023-05, 2023-06, 2023-07, 2023-08