What have I been writing when I haven’t been writing here?
Stuff I wrote
The Pragmatic Programmers
- Why Are There So Many Competing Open Source Projects? — It has happened to all of us: you go looking for a software package to solve a problem and you find a great open source project. And then another. And another. Why does this happen?
Duck Alignment Academy
- There’s no good time for a meeting, only the time you pick — You can’t find a time slot that works for everyone, so you have to pick the least-bad.
- The difference between “when it’s ready” and “YOLO” schedules — Releasing software when it’s ready and a “YOLO” approach aren’t quite the same. While the latter is whimsical, the former has a plan.
- Fedora Linux 37 update — We’re gonna be real late, folks. Critical OpenSSL vulnerabilities will do that.
- You’re invited to the Fedora Linux 37 Release Party!
- Community Blog monthly summary: September 2022
- Friday’s Fedora Facts: 2022-40, 2022-41, 2022-42, 2022-43
Stuff I curated
- Designing Data Governance from the Ground Up — I was a tech reviewer for Lauren Maffeo’s book. Lauren provides an excellent framework for implementing data governance for leaders at any level of an organization. It gives real-world guidance that’s easy to understand and apply, whether you’re a data expert or not.
- Recordings now available for Nest with Fedora 2022! — If you missed Nest With Fedora, you can watch all of the talks on YouTube.