What have I been writing when I haven’t been writing here?
Stuff I wrote
The Pragmatic Programmers
- How to Tell If You Are a Successful Program Manager — One of the questions I often ask when discussing a new plan is “how will we know if we’re successful?” The same question applies to your role as a program manager.
- Infrequent contributors — How do you make room for infrequent contributors in an open source project?
- Using Conferences for Connections — I used to go to conferences for the talks. Now I go to talk to Fedora contributors.
Duck Alignment Academy
- Program Management for Open Source Projects is here (in beta!) — My book is now a real (digital) thing that people can spend money on. Now I just have to finish writing it so it can become a real physical thing!
- Picking the right animal metaphor — When it comes to leading people, we thankfully move away from automotive metaphors. But what’s the right animal metaphor for program management.
- Community Blog monthly summary: December 2021
- Friday’s Fedora Facts: 2022-01, 2022-02, 2022-03, 2022-04
Stuff I curated
- Anaconda is getting a new suit — Anaconda developers are preparing to give Fedora’s installer a new look.