What have I been writing when I haven’t been writing here?
Stuff I wrote
- Join Microsoft at the Rice Oil & Gas HPC Conference – It’s too late now, but if you were in Houston, you could have hung out with my coworkers.
- Join Microsoft at the GPU Technology Conference – I went to Silicon Valley for a few days.
- Using artificial intelligence to analyze roads – We published a new case study from a customer trying to look around the corner.
- CLA vs DCO: What’s the difference? – Both show that a contributor is allowed to make a contribution and that the project has the right to distribute it. But which one is better?
- Digitizing VHS with Fedora – I have a bunch of old tapes that I want to turn into 1s and 0s before my VCR breaks for good.
Stuff I curated
- Now on GitHub: the Autonomous Driving Cookbook from Microsoft – My colleague from Microsoft Garage has published their Autonomous Driving Cookbook
- NCv3 VMs generally available, other GPUs expanding regions – Lots more GPUs coming to Azure, go use them!
- Join Microsoft at Supercomputing Frontiers Europe – It’s too late now, but if you were in Warsaw, you could have hung out with my coworkers.
- Azure Batch for oil & gas – Batch allows an oil & gas customer to easily build their product into a Software-as-a-Service offering.
- Strategies for the spectrum of cloud adoptions (gated content) – Moving HPC to the cloud isn’t a single destination, it’s a range of options.